Friday, June 8, 2012

Worldwide Knit in Public Day

We will begin knitting the colourful blanket for Kokatahi Kowhitirangi sick bay on Wednesday, 13 June and Thursday, 14 June at Kokatahi-Kowhitirangi School at 2:15pm to 3pm, everyone is welcome to join in with the fun.


We will try to finish the blanket on the
                     World Wide Knit in Public Day
16 * June * 2011
Children, parents, knitters all invited!
    Join us as we knit with hundreds of other knitters
             around the world on the same day!
  
Where: Hokitika Public Library
When: 10am -2pm
Bring:  Enthusiasm, all wool and needles provided, we are knitting a colourful blanket for the Kokatahi-Kowhitirangi
                              School Sick Bay.

World Wide Knit in Public Day was created in 2005 - and is the world largest knitter event.
To find out more about WWKiP Day – please visit wwkipday.com.
Better living through stitching together. Copyright © 2011 Astrid Salling Rasmussen all rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. I am going to ask mum if I can go because I do a lot of knitting at home.At the moment I am knitting a blanket for my baby cousin.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You're clever Amy! I'm not good at knitting. I tried to make a scarf once and you couldn't tell it was a scarf.

      Delete
  2. I really wanted to go to that but we didnt have enough time to go there. I think if i did go there it would be great fun I wonder who did go to it!!

    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.